When you submit claims online from your Member Centre, we don't typically need each and every receipt for each and every medical expense.
When you're submitting online, we assume that you're submitting from information on a receipt provided by your provider and you understand that your records are subject to review by us or the CRA.
We trust our Members but there are times we'll ask for receipts:
- Our Claims Team may request receipts if they require more information to process the claim.
- Our policy is to always request receipts for expenses submitted online over $1,000.00 so please be sure to provide those to prevent processing delays.
- We do random spot checks to help Members avoid negative tax implications, so don't be surprised when we periodically ask you to submit physical claim receipts for review.
We provide a very handy tool to upload receipt images online at the time you submit your claim. It's just a quick scan or snapshot on your smartphone and a click of a button. There are great reasons to upload your receipts:
- We'll keep them on record and accessible for the duration of your account with us and beyond.
- Since we do occasionally ask for receipts, uploading when you submit will help avoid followup or other processing delays
If you don't upload your receipts, please keep original receipts and other claim documentation in your files as you may be required to show proof of the expense if Blendable or the Canada Revenue Agency conducts a review.